*****2017 Summer program information is available*********
Siena Youth Center will be offering twelve summer program internships for high school and college students ages 15-19 that are interested in gaining work experience,becoming servant leaders through gained knowledge and expertise in youth development. Most importantly our interns will be making an impact through academics and sports in the North Fair Oaks community of Redwood City with youth ages 8-14.
- Grades Freshmen-Freshmen in college.(College volunteers are always welcome)
- Commit duration of six week summer camp starting on June 12 ending on July 28, 2016 and commit to a minimum of 10-15 hours of community service work every week.
- Participate in at least one of the mandatory youth development SYC summer program trainings being held at Siena Youth Center on Wednesday June 14 or Thursday June 15, 2014 from 2:30-5:00pm.
- SYC Internship schedule and job placement along with SYC Internship Manual will be reviewed and issued on mandatory orientation date.
What to expect?
Being a part of a sports and academic enrichment camp that assists youth in academics, leadership and sports. Youth will get daily practice in Math or English and also learn various sports and leadership skills. Interns will get a chance to meet leaders from the community, gain opportunities to get letters of recommendation,scholarship opportunities and gain awards all pending hours and completion of academic and enrichment camp.
Testimonials from Interns in the past
How to apply
1. Download Application below
2. Email filled out application to Coach Rafael Avendano to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Get an interview with SYC Staff and Coach Rafael Avendano
4. Get final paperwork and attend mandatory training